Scarlet Wines will deliver wine anywhere in mainland UK. Where possible though, we prefer local delivery. We do these ourselves and can give better service and a lower carbon footprint. All our local deliveries come to you by electric van or cargo bike.
We specialise in the narrow lanes of St Ives. If you want wine for your holiday cottage you have come to the right place. Deliveries are free to all TR26 postcodes, which includes St Ives, Carbis Bay and Lelant.
Slightly further afield; we charge £3 to deliver any quantity of wine to TR17, 18, 20 or 27. Further than that, we charge a flat £10 to send any quantity by courier to mainland UK. We do not ship further than that at present.
Below are some of the rules for the delivery service. Sorry, if these appear boringly officious; but we need them in case anything goes wrong.
Courier delivery service
- Deliveries usually take one or two working days
- Deliveries are usually between 0900 and 1730 Monday to Friday
- We do not offer a same day delivery service
- We do not guarantee delivery times
- We do not offer delivery tracking - we are not Amazon. You can, though, phone us to ask about your delivery: 01736 75 78 78. If we don't answer leave us a message.
Please think about where the wine is to be delivered; it needs to be signed for so someone needs to be available to receive it. We recommend you use a work address for delivery if you might not be at home. Some other points:
- Please give us complete details, full name, address, postcode, and at least one telephone number
- What 3 Words locations are very welcome, go to the excellent what3words.com
- We can leave wine with a neighbour, or in a safe place, but this is at your own risk
- If the wine is a gift, please check someone can receive it
- Check the wine over and email us within 24 hours if anything is amiss
- We do not deliver to PO Boxes
Delivery details and re-direction costs
- Our courier will attempt delivery twice and leave a contact card if you are not in. Please call to re-arrange delivery
- If you do not call the depot, the parcel may be returned to us after 5 working days. You will have to pay for this
- If you give us the wrong address, we will charge £30 to redirect the wine
If the parcel is damaged
- You can refuse to sign for it. The parcel will be returned to us, and we will send a replacement
- You can accept the delivery, but please write down how many bottles are damaged and the nature of the damage. We will send replacement bottles or refund you, whichever you prefer
- Generally we will make any replacement or refund within 7 working days